EDUCATIONAL UNIT AND CENTER OF MEDICAL INVESTIGATION. LLEIDA.
- Intervention level: Scheme Design, Detail Design and Site Supervision.
- Client: University of Lleida / Lleida Provincial Council.
- Location: Lleida
- Project Year: 1986
- Construction Period: 1987 – 1989
- Total built: 4.940 m2
- Budget: 1.713.842,27€
- Construction company: CUBIERTAS Y MZV
- Other technical: - Josep M. Oller, technical architect. Economic consultancy.
- Robert Brufau, architect. Structures consultancy.
- JG & Asociados, Industrial engineers. Installations consultancy.
- Publications: - DISCOVER LLEIDA, STROLLING TWENTIETH CENTURY ARCHITECTURE.
Jaume Porta Casarellas. March Editor. Lleida, 2005.
- UNIVERSITY, ARCHITECTURE AND TERRITORY.
Government of Catalonia. Department of Universities, Research and the Information Soceity (DURSI). Barcelona, 2001.
- ARCHITECTURE IN CATALONIA. THE DEMOCRACY YEARS 1977-1996.
Government of Catalonia, Department of Culture. U.I.A. Barcelona, 1996.
- CAMPUS. 10 YEARS OF UNIVERSITY ARCHITECTURE IN CATALONIA.
VCA Editors. Government of Catalonia, Department Chair, Commission for Universities and Research. Barcelona, 1996.
- LIBRARIES OF CATALONIA’S PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES IN THE 90S.
Commission for Universities and Research, Barcelona, 1993.
- ANDREA PALLADIO INTERNATIONAL AWARD FOR ARCHITECTURE.
Rassegna Stampa. Milano, Italy, 1992.
- TRASP MAGAZINE Nº14.
Multigraf s.r.l. Mestre, Venice, Italy, 1991.
- CATALAN ARCHITECTURE ITINERARIES 1984-1991.
Official College of Architects of Catalonia. Culture Investigation Board, Barcelona, 1991.
- 1ST EXHIBITION OF 10 YEARS OF SPANISH ARCHITECTURE 1980-1990.
MOPT. CSCAE. UIMP, Madrid, 1990.
- ON DISEÑO Nº 115
ARAM, Editions S.A., Barcelona., 1990.
- FAD AWARDS FOR ARCHITECTURE AND INTERIOR DESIGN 1989.
Promotion of the Decorative Arts, Barcelona, 1990.
- Awards: - FAD Awards - Architecture (1989)
- National Federation of Associations for the Development of Natural Stone and Similar (1990)
Architecture and Design Award
- Andrea Palladio International Award – Vicenza, Italy (1990)
Following the agreement signed between the University of Barcelona and Lleida Provincial Council, it was decided to place inside the grounds of the Hospital of Santa Maria and in its general remodeling, this Teaching Unit and Medical Research Center to respond to the program needs provided by the General study of Lleida.
Its location gives first response to the need for a dual access, one form inside the compound, and other one from the Municipal Road Montcada, and secondly due to the resulting volume of the building, which is integrated as a backdrop to the different pavilions and garden plants, sanitary area, with benchmarks and complementarity of language with the rest of the set.
Its internal organization is a consequence of the existence of two large blocks which are grouped into the area of teaching-aularium, workshops, offices and large influx of external applications, etc., at lower levels, and a second area reserved for different laboratories medical research center located at higher levels because of the specific and technical nature of this area.
infant and primary education
Graduate / I+D+I
Primary care centers
Nursing homes / day centers
single family house