PYRENEES SCHOOL. COMPETITION, 1ST PLACE.
- Intervention level: Scheme Design, Detail Design and Site Supervision.
- Client: Gisa / Department of Education, Government of Catalonia.
- Location: Girona
- Competition Year: 2011
- Project Year: 2014
- Construction Period: 04’15 - 06’19
- Total built: 3.030,78 m2
- Budget: 4.699.748,56 €
- Construction company: CERTIS OBRES I SERVEIS
- Other technical: - AT3 OLLER - PEÑA SCP. Technical architects.
- Manuel Comas Olivella. Installations Consultancy.
- BOMA SLP, Miguel Ángel Sala. Structure Consultancy.
- TEC4, David Garreta. Technical architect On site.
- Pedro Pegenaute. Photography.
- Awards: Competition, 1st Place.
The plot, located north of the town, stands out for the proximity of the Freser River, the surrounding mountain slopes, an inner creek surrounded by large bananas trees and a low-density urban environment. It has a descending topography in the west-east direction, and it is necessary to raise the ground floor due to the risk of flooding due to the proximity of the river.
The geometry of the main section, on two plans of different slopes, incorporates the architectural and landscape references of the surroundings: the riverbanks of the Freser river, the old town center, the church, etc.
The plant has a "U" figure that sits on the river alignment and opens the west side, linking the accesses and the courtyard with the town. This arrangement allows segregating the main areas of the center. Thus, the longitudinal volumetry parallel to the river, contains on two levels most of the teaching spaces with east and west orientations. On the first floor, integrated into the exterior carpentry design, all classrooms incorporate microperforated adjustable vertical slats, which provide light conditioning, thermal improvement and acoustic insulation against airborne noise from a nearby industry. The gym, locker rooms and patio services, are located on the south side and a third volume, located on the north side, complements the educational spaces for early childhood education. All the ground floor units are connected with the patio and the sports courts by a perimeter transitional porch.
infant and primary education
Graduate / I+D+I
Primary care centers
Nursing homes / day centers
single family house