LA NOGUERA REGIONAL MUSEUM. BALAGUER. Competition, 1st Place.
- Intervention level: Scheme Design, Detail Design and Site Supervision.
- Client: Department of Culture, Government of Catalonia.
- Location: Lleida
- Competition Year: 1987
- Project Year: 1992
- Construction Period: 1992-94
- Total built: 1.499 m2
- Budget: 970.458,35 €
- Construction company: Construcciones CASANOVA
- Other technical: - Josep M. Oller, Technical architect.
- STATIC, structures consultancy.
- Publications: - CONTEMPORARY ARCHITECTURE IN LLEIDA REGION 1948-1998.
COAC. Demarcation of Lleida. Lleida, 1998.
- ARCHITECTURE AND URBAN PLANNING BOOKS. THREE-BOOK COLLECTION DEVOTED TO CATALAN ARCHITECTURE.
Official College of Architects of Catalonia, Barcelona, 1995.
- Awards: - Competition, 1st Place.
- Selected work FAD (1996).
The Regional Museum in Balaguer is a cultural facility for the interpretation and presentation of the archaeological excavations extracted Almatà Plan near the villa. It also hosts other related parts of the Arab world from the nearest land. It is a space where objects, the collection belong proximity and therefore give the museum, certificate of naturalization, credibility and specificity.
It is located in the same place where it was the old and dilapidated Church of San José. This space, a disused church was in recent years, the precarious space of the collection container. The proximity of the old walls of the town on the edge of the area, the implementation of a new urban space as a square on the other side, the relationship with the morphology of the old town of Balaguer in this place, make among other pretexts, a geometry of three heights, austere, clear and in dialogue with the site. The museum has been understood since, as a cultural container away from architectural artifacts. An elaborate nudity in language, austerity and fluidity materials inside, make up the showrooms, workshops, warehouses and general museum services.
The architecture and museology, developed jointly, have allowed a museum and space synthesis for aesthetic contemplation, dissemination of knowledge and the study of this valuable collection of Arabic culture in Catalonia.
infant and primary education
Graduate / I+D+I
Primary care centers
Nursing homes / day centers
single family house