IMPROVEMENT AND EXPANSION OF THE AMERICAN SCHOOL OF BARCELONA. COMPETITION, 1ST PLACE.
- Intervention level: Scheme Design, Detail Design and Site Supervision.
- Client: American School of Barcelona.
- Location: Barcelona
- Project Year: 2009
- Total built: 12.865,29 m2
- Budget: 16.699.815,32 €
- Other technical: - Aumedesdap. Technical architects
- Manuel Comas Olivella, Installations Consultancy
- Lart, Structure Consultancy
- Sociedad Orgànica, Environmental Consulting
- Awards: Competition, 1st Place.
Ordination of the set is the result of the analysis of the compatibility between the existing buildings, the future buildings, the environment, open space and the significant impact that the routes to carry inside buildings and out of them, undertake future users.
It is proposed to integrate a large outdoor living space from Jaume Balmes Street entrance and making administrative and protected differentiated access for students of early childhood education. Created at Via Augusta Avenue a second access for students in Elementary and Secondary. This access road given its characteristics, enables better accessibility and maneuver from the city.
Geometric figures used are up as volumes compensated out of the solar neighborhood residential fabric and equipment, and as a succession and alternation of open and closed spaces, patios, porchs, etc.. forming a network of relationships and balances architectural framed in developing teaching activities scheduled. The volume organization proposed, respond to a trace modulated geometric and organic relation to rehabilitate buildings.
infant and primary education
Graduate / I+D+I
Primary care centers
Nursing homes / day centers
single family house