IE 2L La Mitjana Secondary School. Competition 1st Place.
- Intervention level: Scheme Design, Detail Design and Site Supervision.
- Client: Gisa / Department of Education, Government of Catalonia.
- Location: Lleida
- Competition Year: 2009
- Project Year: 2010
- Construction Period: 11' 10 – 07’ 14
- Total built: 6.362,01m2
- Budget: 7.541.621,95€
- Construction company: TEYCO
- Other technical: - AT3 Oller – Peña, SCP, Technical architects. Economic consultancy.
- Manuel Arguijo, Architect. Structures consultancy.
- Manuel Comas Olivella, Industrial engineer. Installations consultancy.
- Pedro Pegenaute, Photography.
- Awards: Competition, 1st Place.
This proposal considers three main factors in its configuration, intended to integrate as much as possible a building of this type in a new residential area, the need for convenient access to the site from the street Vicenç Ximenis,-the largest and due to topographic level able to do so at an intermediate level, and an optimal orientation.
The classrooms, both primary and secondary, as well as their complementary spaces are arranged lengthwise in an east - west, parallel to the street Vicenç Ximenis, thus promoting the optimization and utilization of solar and better orientation.
The scope for teaching children as the street is lined with Josep Pallach southwest exposure to the classrooms and playground area.
With independent access from the Rambla Xavier Andreu Puig, connection via a porch and located at the southwest, are the gym, changing rooms and technical facilities that close the configuration in a "U" in plant, thus, a greater range and better sunlight of the sports area.
infant and primary education
Graduate / I+D+I
Primary care centers
Nursing homes / day centers
single family house