ICFO INSTITUTE OF PHOTONIC SCIENCE. CASTELLDEFELS. Competition, 1st Place.
- Intervention level: Scheme Design, Detail Design and Site Supervision. Collaboration with: Xavier Farré, architect.
- Client: Foundation for the Institute of Photonic Science
- Location: Barcelona
- Competition Year: 2002. Proj: 1ª fase: 2003, 2ª fase: 2006.
- Project Year: 2006
- Construction Period: 2004 – 2008
- Total built: 8.373,90 m2
- Budget: 11.228.307 €
- Construction company: FERROVIAL
- Other technical: - Enric Peña, technical architect.
- Lluis Duart, industrial engineers, installations consultancy.
- Manuel Arguijo, architect, structure consultancy.
- Publications: RESIDENTIAL UNIVERSITY AREAS
Department of Urban and Housing Rehabilitation. Council of A Coruña. A Coruña, 2010.
- Awards: Competition, 1st Place.
This project for the headquarters of the Institute of Photonic Sciences Campus University of Baix Llobregat promoted by the Department of Universities, Research and Information Society (DURSI) and transferred to the Foundation Institute of Photonics, will be devoted to research, and is located in the Mediterranean Technology Park of Castelldefels.
The façade this we wanted to give special importance to the fact that is the whole facade of campus in south access, so we have tried to give an adequate response to both the scale of the building and to the campus scale.
infant and primary education
Graduate / I+D+I
Primary care centers
Nursing homes / day centers
single family house