HEALTH CENTER AT XALOC AND LLEVANT BUILDINGS. Competition, 1st place
- Intervention level: Scheme Design, Detail Design and Site Supervision.
- Client: Catalan Health Service, Government of Catalonia.
- Location: Barcelona
- Competition Year: 2005
- Project Year: 2006
- Construction Period: 2003-2008
- Total built: 12.617,16 m2
- Budget: 15.835.202,91 €
- Construction company: Llevant: NECSO. Xaloc: COPISA.
- Other technical: - Josep M. Oller, Technical architect. Economic consultancy.
- IPB Consulting, Installations consultancy (Llevant)
- Serra Campmany, Installations consultancy (Xaloc)
- Static. consultancy.
- Awards: - PSPV (Llevant), 1st place 2000.
- Xaloc: Competition, 1st place 2005.
The new facilities Pere Virgili Health Park of Barcelona, means the realization of an ambitious goal to equip buildings underused former military hospital, a few applications for welfare and services. This operation is also driving a process of regeneration of this historic hospital setting and an opportunity to finish a valuable urban area of the city.
This project focuses on the comprehensive rehabilitation and expansion of buildings Llevant and Xaloc to locate hospital uses, adding one floor, fourth floor, and cover local technicians. We built an extension consisting of two buildings-bridge linking two existing buildings.
Main entrances are proposed for the central part of the facades, which are accessed from a main hall. The building is divided into P-2 with utility services in P-1 and PB with general services, and the four upper floors as residential units. The extension comprises a total of 290 beds.
infant and primary education
Graduate / I+D+I
Primary care centers
Nursing homes / day centers
single family house