NURSING SCHOOL AND LIBRARY. LLEIDA.
- Intervention level: Scheme Design, Detail Design and Site Supervision.
- Client: University of Lleida
- Location: Lleida
- Project Year: 1995
- Construction Period: 1997 – 1998
- Total built: 4.056,66 m2
- Budget: 2.737.802,45 €
- Construction company: OSHSA
- Other technical: - Josep M. Oller, technical architect.
- JG & Asociados, engineers, installations consultancy.
- Robert Brufau, architect, structures consultancy.
- Publications: DISCOVER LLEIDA, STROLLING TWENTIETH CENTURY ARCHITECTURE.
Jaume Porta Casarellas. March Editor. Lleida, 2005.
The University of Lleida, on the campus of St. Mary's Hospital, addresses the need to expand and improve its facilities, medical school dean, administrative services - and building a new annex as nursing school and library.
The medical building is further expanded by a volume parallel to the front of the Camino de Moncada. Its exterior configuration allows new access to the entire set - medical school and nursing school - more space and comfort for students and teachers.
infant and primary education
Graduate / I+D+I
Primary care centers
Nursing homes / day centers
single family house