ANIMAL PRODUCTION AND AGRICULTURAL AND FOREST ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT BUILDING, 4th AND 5th MODULE. LLEIDA.
- Intervention level: Scheme Design, Detail Design and Site Supervision.
- Client: Commission for Universities and Research, Government of Catalonia.
- Location: Lleida
- Project Year: 1993
- Construction Period: 1a FASE: 1995 – 1996 2a FASE: 2004 – 2005
- Total built: 4.034,20 m2
- Budget: 3.283.464’58 €
- Construction company: COMAPA
- Other technical: - Josep M. Oller, technical architect.
- JG & Asociados, engineers, installations consultancy.
- Static, engineering, structures consultancy.
- Publications: - DISCOVER LLEIDA, STROLLING TWENTIETH CENTURY ARCHITECTURE.
Jaume Porta Casarellas. March Editor. Lleida, 2005.
- CAMPUS. 10 YEARS OF UNIVERSITY ARCHITECTURE IN CATALONIA.
VCA Editors. Government of Catalonia, Department Chair, Commission for Universities and Research. Barcelona, 1996.
The powerful image of this university building which includes units of the Department of Animal and Agroforestry Engineering, University of Lleida, is due to the characteristics of teachers containers, references already built campus where it is inserted, the guidelines of the structural system and the desire to establish a broad and spatial relationship manifests, visual and inside.
The incorporation of the main communication system in a centered position of the building, in an area of high altitude, open, lit by a skylight allows this global reading of all levels, breaking the horizontal structure and emphasizes the relationship between interior and exterior.
The location on the access level of the laboratories, the administrative and management along with seminars at the intermediate level and offices and other seminars on the second level, optimize and prioritize the interrelation of areas.
infant and primary education
Graduate / I+D+I
Primary care centers
Nursing homes / day centers
single family house