IMAGE AND MULTIMEDIA TECHNOLOGY CENTRE. TERRASSA. COMPETITION, 1ST PLACE.
- Intervention level: Basic Project of Execution and Direction of Work.
- Client: Foundation Polytechnic of Catalonia.
- Location: Barcelona
- Competition Year: 2000
- Project Year: 2001
- Construction Period: 2001-2002
- Total built: 2.900 m2
- Budget: 2.133.592,97 €
- Construction company: PEREZ VILLORA
- Other technical: - Josep M. Oller, Enric Peña, Technical architects. Economic consultancy.
- Manuel Arguijo, Architect. Structures consultancy.
- JG & Asociados, Industrial engineers. Installations consultancy.
- Publications: 2ND VALLES BI-ANNUAL ARCHITECTURAL EXHIBITION 2003.
C.O.A.C. Demarcaction of Barcelona, Delegation of Valles. Barcelona.
- Awards: Competition, 1st Place.
This building, located in a broad domain of visual space, structured around a central promenade organizes its architecture as a series of open and closed spaces, establishing a relationship patios scheduled to give a hierarchy of related bodies, both architectures as coming with Vallparadís gardens.
The general accessibility of the center is made from space connection between the Rambla de Sant Nebridi and Igualtat street and one of their yards, as an agora or transitional space into the hall, pointed in different treatment pavement and carport. A second complementary access is from the street Igualtat. The body that summarizes the studios on the south side, offers the possibility of direct access from the street.
An east-west axis runs along the vertical communication cores. Three north-south corridors, one for each body, establish a simple distribution and contact with the outside. The school has a structuring of the areas that cater to the academic demands of the program, taking the student as first reference, and offer their spaces in a flexible and open.
infant and primary education
Graduate / I+D+I
Primary care centers
Nursing homes / day centers
single family house