Sant Jaume Primary School and Refurbishment and extension of Josep Tarradellas Primary School.
- Intervention level: Scheme Design, Detail Design and Site Supervision.
- Client: Gisa, Department of Education, Government of Catalonia.
- Location: Barcelona
- Project Year: 2003
- Construction Period: 03’ 2005 – 05’ 2007
- Total built: 7.029 m2
- Budget: 6.516.548,70 €
- Construction company: ACCIONA
- Other technical: - Joan Suris, Technical architect. Economic consultancy.
- Inypsa. Execution Director.
- Manuel Comas, engineer, installations consultancy.
- Miquel Angel Sala, architect, structures consultancy.
- Publications: 1:1 2ND BAIX LLOBREGAT, ALT PENEDÈS AND GARRAF TRI-ANNUAL ARCHITECTURAL EXHIBITION’ 08.
College of Architects of Catalonia. Demarcation of Barcelona, Headquarters Baix Lolbregat. Barcelona, 2008.
In the management of all the two schools, the two buildings maintaining the alignment on the street Pau Casals as well as the location of the entrances, differentiating primary and halls and strengthening presence in street facade with extensions primary education program in both buildings.
The children classrooms of the two schools are situated in a north south direction and perpendicular to the Pau Casals and Verge de Montserrat streets, displaced to the northeast side of the two plots, in order to obtain the proper use of light in the classrooms children's and in the outdoor playgrounds of both, infant and primary.
The form "U" to complete the two sets, optimized to obtain maximum clearance to locate the patios of the two schools with the same orientation.
infant and primary education
Graduate / I+D+I
Primary care centers
Nursing homes / day centers
single family house