CEIP 1L MARE DE DÉU DE MONTSERRAT PRIMARY SCHOOL. COMPETITION 1ST PLACE.
- Intervention level: Scheme Design, Detail Design and Site Supervision
- Client: Department of Education, Government of Catalonia
- Location: Barcelona
- Competition Year: 2007
- Project Year: 2009
- Construction Period: 05’ 2010 – 01’ 2012
- Total built: 2.187,83 m2
- Budget: 4.922.220,22 €
- Construction company: SEROM, S.L.
- Other technical: - Aumedesdap, Technical architects.
- Manuel Comas, engineer, Installations Consultancy.
- Boma, Miquel Angel Sala, architect, Structure Consultancy.
- Gerc Inartur, S.L. Rafael Huertes, Josep Camps, Technical architects, Execution Directors.
- Pedro Pegenaute, Photography.
- Publications: - SCHOOLS INNOVATION AND DESIGN
Jacobo Krauel Vilaseca, Links Books, Barcelona, Spain, 2014.
- Awards: Competition, 1st Place
The building is characterized by a clear implementation geometrically subject to and conditioned by the existing sports equipment, positioned in the central part of the performance. The site has distant visual domains and ample natural lighting.
The development of the building is raised on the ground floor, with the main north-south axis what guides the grouping of three bodies in a figure edificatory "U" between them and thus framing the sports hall. The whole volume longest school offers education primarily spaces for the primary cycle, north closes with a space area of south-up and develop early childhood education spaces and collective uses: dining room, library, etc ...
The interrelationship between the various teaching areas and outdoor spaces, patios and sports center, form the main matrix for compositional layout of the proposal.
For the realization of the building have been considered building systems, materials and compositional criteria consistent with optimizing environmental factors serving criteria durability, low environmental impact and adaptation to the environment.
infant and primary education
Graduate / I+D+I
Primary care centers
Nursing homes / day centers
single family house