RENOVATION AND EXTENSION OF THE SANTA MARÍA PROVINCIAL HOSPITAL. LLEIDA.
- Intervention level: Scheme Design, Detail Design and Site Supervision.
- Client: Lleida Provincial Council. Management of Health Services.
- Location: Lleida
- Competition Year: 1988
- Project Year: 1988
- Construction Period: 1989 – 1990
- Total built: 11.296 m2
- Budget: 11.234.533,64 €
- Construction company: UVESA / OCP / OSHSA
- Other technical: - Albert de Pineda, architect. Co-author of the project.
- Josep M. Oller, rigger.
- JG & Asociados, engineer, installations consultancy.
- Robert Brufau, architect, structures consultancy.
- Publications: -DESCUBRIR LLEIDA, PASEANDO POR LA ARQUITECTURA DEL SIGLO XX.
Jaume Porta Casarellas. March editor. Lleida, 2005.
-ON DISEÑO. Nº124.
ARAM, Ediciones S.A. Barcelona, 1993.
- CREATIVITY NEWS. ANNUAL 1.
- PREMIOS FAD DE ARQUITECTURA E INTERIORISMO 90
FAD Foment de les Arts Decoratives. Barcelona, 1991.
- Awards: COMPETITION 1st. PLACE.
FINALIST WORK FAD (1990)
The central units of the Hospital de Santa Maria, are part of a set of flags of care use - and teaching hospital, run by the County Council of Lleida and designed by architects Joaquim Porquers i Bañeres and Jaume Mestres i Torres in 1922. Included in the catalog of the special municipal historical elements - artistic of the city, the group meets a neat typology as isolated and singular units connected by a network of roads and gardens distinctly "Noucentista".
In order to adapt the various services and the demands care areas has proceeded to the expansion and refurbishment of the entrance level and the reform of higher plants. It has provided a new body attached to the existing building that can extend current uses and add new ones, all generated around a large hall - corridor linking crowded public areas.
It has designed the entire ground floor to the outpatient, central services and general services and the first and second floors to the inpatient units.
infant and primary education
Graduate / I+D+I
Primary care centers
Nursing homes / day centers
single family house